Monday, May 2, 2011

Elma, WA Day 2/3

Well, we are still at the Elma RV Park in Elma, WA.  Thought you might like the CG sign:


This tree is at the end of our site:


A couple of interesting things have happened while here.  On Saturday we were driving thru town and saw a group advertising a car wash.  The truck was extremely dirty from our travels thru Oregon in the many rains so we pulled in and got it washed.  When I went to hand the money to one of the guys, he asked where in TX we were from.  I said 'around Dallas.'  He said that he used to live in Rockwall and Rowlett.  Small world.

Now for an even bigger 'Small World.' 

We searched the internet to find a local Lutheran Church for Sunday and found Faith Lutheran right here in Elma.  Here is a picture:


We checked out the history of the church and it listed former pastors.  This is for all of our Resurrection friends -- Walter Klockers was their pastor for 10 years prior to coming to Resurrection!!  So, obviously, we went there on Sunday.  After the service we were invited for coffee and cookies.  Many people there remembered Walter and Jeanne and kids. 

Later on Sunday we met up with Steve's brother, Jim and his wife, Meg, here for dinner:


They had a busy weekend involving two of their grandchildren.  One participated in the National Basketball Freethrowing Contest for 12-13 year olds in Springfield, MA and came in 2nd, making 24 out of 25 shots.
Another granddaughter played in a state soccor championship for 10-11 year olds and won.  So we had alot to talk about!!

We had planned to leave today but I remembered yesterday that I needed to service the truck before we leave the lower 48.  So I went to the local Ford garage and had it done.  Unfortunately, they felt that I also needed the ball joints replaced.  I have to go back tomorrow to have that done which means we won't leave for northern WA until Wednesday.  It's okay because it has been cold (47) and rainy all day; by Wednesday the weather is supposed to clear up and should be a good day for driving.

I'll do another upate after we travel...

2 comments:

  1. Wow! It *IS* a small world! Thank you so very much for thinking of me and visiting my former parish! There are many dear folks we remember at Faith Lutheran. The bulletin you sent me, with the order of service, had Now the Feast and Celebration as the liturgy. I introduced that to the congregation back in the day. Your picture of the front of the church also brings back memories of adding that window next to the front door, and harvesting a number of the Douglas Fir trees that were out front and putting in landscaping. What was the parsonage is next door (which was sold). I constructed a rock garden there. When Naomi was born, I planted a Butterfly Maple in the very center. When Benjamin was born, I planted a Rhododendron there as well. Blessings to you in your travels!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, this is from Pastor Walter. :)

    ReplyDelete